The 2016 Forecourt Report has shown that UK consumers are increasingly flocking to their local petrol station to refuel themselves and their families, not just their cars. Hundreds of stores now provide full food service solutions, from coffee and sandwiches to meals for the rest of the week.
Some of the key findings from the report include:
- Coffee is a major part of a modern forecourt. 70% of stores have a coffee machine in store, from standalone vending machines to full barista services to refresh weary consumers
- Forecourts are a major source of investment in the UK. On average, each store invests over £16,000 a year on developing their business
- The forecourt sector creates over 117,000 jobs in the UK, with over 8,700 stores serving customers across every community, town and city.
- Excluding sales of petrol, the forecourt sector generates over £4bn annually in sales.
The Report is available for download here.
The 2017 Forecourt Report will be launched at the Forecourt Conference on the 25th April 2017.
Forecourt Conference 2017 & Forecourt Report Launch
The ACS Forecourt Conference is an unmissable industry event, packed with exciting ideas and concepts for both existing forecourt retailers and convenience retailers looking to expand their store’s offering to include selling fuel.
Changing to the “Forecourt Conference” and taking place on 26th April 2017 at the NEC. This is the last day of the National Convenience Show and the Forecourt Show and our event will be co-located with these shows. ACS will run our biggest event, Summit, on the 25th at the same location. This will be an incredibly valuable use of time for all senior fuel retailers and independents alike.
Tickets for the Forecourt Conference are available here.
Tickets for Summit 17 are available here.
- 9:30 am – Welcome & Intro
- Session 1 – The Big Picture
- Session 2 – Retail Masterclass
- Session 3 – Future Forecourts
- 1:20 pm – Networking Lunch