Salary: £21,000 pa plus benefits
The Association of Convenience Stores is looking for an ambitious candidate to join a growing team in Farnborough as Communications Assistant.
ACS is an effective lobby group with over 33,500 members, appearing frequently in the national media as a commentator on issues affecting the membership and wider retail sector, while delivering its key priorities of lobbying, advice and networking for members.
The Communications Assistant’s role is to support the Head of Communications and Research in delivering the ACS communications and marketing strategy. The Communications Assistant will be responsible for managing the production of ACS internal communications, maintaining and developing content on the ACS website, social media and other ACS publications, executing marketing strategies, building relationships with trade press contacts and responding to requests from the ACS membership. The Communications Assistant will also act as first point of contact and co-ordinator for ACS media relations.
- excellent academic record to at least undergraduate degree
- demonstrable experience of journalism, marketing or public relations
- experience in using desktop publishing and web development tools to produce publications and/or websites
- strong communication and presentation skills
- interest in modern political issues (desirable)
- able to deliver high quality work to tight timeframes
- excellent team worker
- excellent IT skills (experience with Photoshop or Indesign desirable)
To apply for this role, please contact ACS Head of Communications and Research Chris Noice at email@example.com with your CV and a brief covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for the position.
Public Affairs and Communications Assistant
Salary: £21,000 pa plus benefits
The Association of Convenience Stores is looking for an ambitious candidate to join a growing Public Affairs and Communications team in the newly created role of Public Affairs and Communications Assistant.
ACS is a trade association representing over 33,500 local shops across the UK. ACS provides industry leading advice, networking opportunities and lobbying to its members, underpinned by a strong presence in the trade and national media on key issues facing the convenience sector.
Reporting to the Head of Public Affairs and Policy, the Public Affairs and Communications Assistant will be responsible for:
- monitoring key developments within Government policy and public affairs, and producing reports for internal, member and external audiences based on that monitoring;
- managing correspondence with ACS’ political and other stakeholder contacts;
- supporting ACS campaigning activity including helping with the organisation of events;
- undertaking research on policy issues;
- assisting with the production and distribution of ACS internal communications;
- building relationships with trade press;
- assisting in the execution of ACS’ marketing strategy;
- contributing to ACS’ social media strategy;
- assisting in the maintenance of the ACS website.
The successful candidate will have an excellent academic record to at least undergraduate level, demonstrable experience of working in public affairs or journalism and experience with desktop publishing/web development tools. This role provides significant development opportunities for the right candidate looking to improve their skills and qualifications in the field of public affairs and communications.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org