Monthly Archives: June 2016

2016 ACS/PRA Forecourt Seminar Just One Week Away

Written by Leah Myers

Time is running out to secure your spot for the upcoming ACS/PRA Forecourt Seminar and Dinner on 6 July in Birmingham. The event will be packed with exciting ideas and concepts for both existing forecourt retailers and convenience retailers looking to expand their store’s offering to include selling fuel. The Forecourt Seminar has a great […]

Read More

ACS Calls on Ofgem to Introduce TPI Code of Practice as CMA Investigation Concludes

Written by Leah Myers

The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) have published their final report on reforms to the energy market after a two year investigation, recommending a range of changes to make both the domestic and non-domestic energy markets more competitive. The investigation found that thousands of consumers and microbusinesses (businesses employing fewer than 10 people) are paying […]

Read More

UK Votes to Leave the European Union

Written by Leah Myers

The referendum on the future of the United Kingdom’s status in Europe has concluded, resulting in a decision to leave the European Union. The overall vote was 51.9% in favour of leaving, compared with 48.1% in favour of remaining. The vote in Scotland, London, Gibraltar and Northern Ireland was in favour of remaining, but all […]

Read More

ACS Encourages Retailers to Join CAPs

Written by Leah Myers

The successful Community Alcohol Partnerships scheme is to be launched in around 30 new areas in the next 12 months, taking the total number of CAPs in the UK to over 130 by the end of this year. Retailer engagement in CAPs involves meeting with local police, schools, other retailers as well as wider stakeholders, […]

Read More

Book Now for the ACS / PRA Forecourt Seminar and Dinner

Written by Leah Myers

Time is running out to secure your spot for the upcoming ACS/PRA Forecourt Seminar and Dinner on 6 July in Birmingham. The event will be packed with exciting ideas and concepts for both existing forecourt retailers and convenience retailers looking to expand their store’s offering to include selling fuel. There is now a new confirmed […]

Read More

ACS Calls on Retailers to Complete National Living Wage Survey

Written by Leah Myers

ACS (the Association of Convenience Stores) has launched its 2016 National Living Wage and Minimum Wage survey as part of its evidence gathering process for a submission to the Low Pay Commission. The Commission have been tasked with looking at the impact of the introduction of the £7.20 rate for staff aged 25 and over […]

Read More

Convenience Stores Up or Down?

Written by Leah Myers

Some of you may have seen an excellent new report by the Local Data Company which discusses whether we are reaching saturation point for the number of convenience stores in UK towns. The LDC has been tracking significant increases in convenience store numbers over the past five years, but this growth is slowing, and in […]

Read More

Assured Advice Training Scheme for Retailers

Written by Leah Myers

ACS (the Association of Convenience Stores) is encouraging retailers to take advantage of a new platform to allow them to train their staff on Assured Advice. The platform, which has been developed by online learning company Bolt, will allow any ACS member to sign up to the Assured Advice scheme and benefit from both the assurance […]

Read More

Book Now for the ACS / PRA Forecourt Seminar and Dinner

Written by Leah Myers

Time is running out to secure your spot for the upcoming ACS/PRA Forecourt Seminar and Dinner on 6 July in Birmingham. The event will be packed with exciting ideas and concepts for both existing forecourt retailers and convenience retailers looking to expand their store’s offering to include selling fuel. There is now a new confirmed […]

Read More

MPs Echo ACS’ Concerns on Business Rates

Written by Leah Myers

An influential committee of MPs has today published a report into 100% retention of business rates by local councils.  The report echoed ACS’ concerns that local councils are not using existing discretionary rate relief powers, and that Local Enterprise Partnerships may not be the best structure through which to determine when it is appropriate to […]

Read More